Website design By BotEap.comThis is Part 2 of a two-part article that describes some weird and fun things dogs do at home that can be fun for you. Website design By BotEap.comLet me restate the opening paragraphs of the Part 1 article: Website design By BotEap.comAnyone who has ever had the pleasure of keeping a dog in their home must marvel at some of the antics they see every day. I’m revealing my age when I mention that Art Linkletter used to say “Kids say the funniest things.” Good dogs make the most damned things too. Website design By BotEap.comJust think about it: when you’re watching TV and you see a dog being hugged by someone or if you do something funny or even silly, you can’t help but smile. Think of the reaction of most patients to a therapy dog in a hospital. You can’t help feeling emotional. Website design By BotEap.comSo here are some things dogs do that will annoy or amuse you. I hope you enjoy it. By the way, the quotes refer to what your dog might be thinking.
- Website design By BotEap.comIs your dog stubborn to the point of driving you crazy? We had a Basset Hound named Mortie who somehow jumped onto the bed, which was quite a feat with his short legs. However, once in bed, he claimed the pillow as his own and did not move. You could almost hear him say “It’s mine, mine, do you hear me, mine?” After a series of dirty looks from Mortie, we had to join my wife and me to get him out of bed with almost a hot dog used as a bribe. Who says hounds aren’t smart?
- Website design By BotEap.comSpeaking of beds, if you let your dog sleep with you, he will almost certainly grab a spot for him, usually in the middle, and push you over the edge. And you stood there muttering to yourself and take it!
- Website design By BotEap.comDogs do not know their size. Whether you’re a terrier or a Great Dane, they’ll want to lie on your lap when you’re watching TV, or worse, decide to lie on the couch when it’s empty. “You really have a comfortable sofa here. Aren’t the chairs for you?”
- Website design By BotEap.com“Where did that hamburger go?” you might wonder. If you left it on the edge of your table within reach of the dogs, then it’s gone.
- Website design By BotEap.comIf you want that book on the table to stay dry, never put a glass of liquid near it if you have a dog with an active wagging tail. Sometimes dogs don’t know their own strength.
- Website design By BotEap.comHow often have you had to leave a party or someone’s house early to get home and take the dog out? Dogs somehow know when their normal bedtime is to urinate, and being a few minutes late could spell disaster.
- Website design By BotEap.comIs your dog one of those who likes to play in muddy puddles and then come in and dry off? What fun!
- Website design By BotEap.comMany dogs will choose a favorite person in the family to accompany them. But that does not mean that he does not love the rest of the family. In my case, our dog Peanut, who is a Morkie (part Yorkshire Terrier and Maltese), has chosen my wife as his best friend and will follow her anywhere in the house, which can be a real nuisance, especially if bath salts. half-closed door. Just make sure you don’t step on it.
- Website design By BotEap.comDogs don’t know what vacuum cleaners are, they just know they don’t like them. Either they will bark to scare you or they will run away and hide. Some dogs will lie there and you can almost hear him say “Go ahead, try to pass me by, I dare you!”
- Website design By BotEap.comAnd last but not least, bring home a present for Mom. Don’t you love it when your dog comes through the back door and drops the ‘treat’ at your feet? Now you own a small animal or bird. And your dog sits there wagging his tail, looking so proud and saying “Look what I brought you, Mom. I love you!”